Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Wikimedia: I think I like it



I saved this image from Wikimedia and then uploaded it. This file, and most if not all others on Wikimedia, are licenced under the GNU Free Documentation License. The author is Melburnian, and the image is dated January 2007. It was taken at Maranoa Gardens, Balwyn, Victoria, and it's a photo of Grevillea longistyla. Wikimedia has some wonderful images.
It took me a while to work out how to upload - you have to click on the 'add image' icon on the toolbar while you are creating your post. Then you have the option to upload or insert a URL. I found the URL option didn't work, but I could save the image and then upload it.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Sue, Nice pic. Do you take photos of plants whilst 4wd camping. If so, what sort of camera do you take with you and can you recharge the batteries in the car? Flora.Survey

sue10749 said...

I do take photos of plants while 4WDing, but I'm still in the dark ages, photography-wise, as I have an old fashioned film camera! However, my husband Jack does have d digital camera, a very gee-whiz, bells and whistles version. He can recharge it as we have an inverter that plugs into the cigarette lighter (yes, cigarette lighters can be useful for non smokers!).