Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Week 13: What have been the highs and lows? Where to next with emerging technologies, for me and for libraries?

The 'highest' high has been the comments and conversations of my fellow 23 Thing People (and others) which have helped me explore and appreciate each of the Things. It's really helped me clarify my thoughts and ideas. Thanks to all of you. And thanks to all who have become my Friends!

Another high has been the learning aspect. Learning is something I enjoy, and having a programme broken down into lots of small (and incremental) steps is a good way 'to eat an elephant'. Thanks, Kathryn.

The lows? Finding the time - and sometimes this meant lost sleep. Plus having to keep track of my usernames and passwords - thank goodness all but Flickr accepted my chosen (standard) username and password combination - yes, I know that's not good practice.

Where to now? I'll be interested to see what ideas come out of 23 Things - hopefully there'll be some T/things that we can use to move our library services forward. From here, I need to keep an open mind about new ideas on the Web 2.0 front, and try to look at them objectively in terms of what they could do for libraries.

1 comment:

Librarian Kathryn said...

Yay! Well done. Elephant eaten. I wonder how long it takes to digest?

Did you notice I added a column to the Progress Chart just for you? It's called "Finished".